We believe that:
When we understand each other's perspectives, our lives can be transformed and enriched.
Our VISION of OWW is of:
People working together to build a just, peaceful and sustainable world.
MISSION - What we want to do:
In our interdependent world, what each of us does affects all others and the ecosystem that sustains us. We want to build a network of co-operating individuals and organisations to provide opportunities for people from diverse backgrounds to come together to:
acknowledge our interdependence;
learn about global justice, spread that learning and use it to
take action to increase equality, justice and sustainability, locally and globally.
AIMS – How we want to do it:
- establish OWW as a nationally recognised annual event during which organisations hold local events on global issues which involve adults, families and children;
- build on OWW’s existing work which involves faith, black minority ethnic and diaspora communities and engage the next generation of activists developing new social media approaches;
- take a new direction in developing partnerships between OWW and other national organisations to:
- encourage all our local supporters to work together to use One World Week as an opportunity to deepen understanding of global issues in order to take approriate action;
- use the OWW website to draw attention throughout the year to partners' campaigns that relate to the OWW theme;
- promote, strengthen, and encourage local OWW events to:
- reach out to new audience;
- increase the effectiveness of OWW as a week for information sharing, learning and action for global justice at a grass roots level.
for more - go to strategy
Recently Added Resources
Global Education resources for Muslim Schools from MADE - more details here (added 7 Dec. 2015)
Organisers' Evaluation Form for event organisers to complete and send to OWW - down load the word.doc from here
Teaching resources for KS1 and children's activities (5 - 7 year olds) from Traidcraft - here (8 Oct 2015)
Quotations about Hope in Action (includes: hope; economic inequality; gender equality and an inte faith section about inequality.Down load as a word.doc from the Discussion resources page here (8 Oct. 2015)
Pledges to Inspire Action -plus suggestions for use at events. (word.doc) (7 Sept 2015)
Worship resources to support Traidcraft's Justice campaign on Faith Resources page. (7 Oct. 2015)