We believe that:
When we understand each other's perspectives, our lives can be transformed and enriched.
Our VISION of OWW 2015 is of:
People working together to build a just, peaceful and sustainable world.
MISSION - What we want to do:
In our interdependent world, what each of us does affects all others and the ecosystem that sustains us. We want to build a network of a co-operating individuals and organisations to provide opportunities for people from diverse backgrounds to come together to:
acknowledge our interdependence;
learn about global justice, spread that learning and use it to
take action to increase equality, justice and sustainability, locally and globally.
AIMS – How we want to do it:
- establish OWW as a nationally recognised annual event during which organisations hold local events on global issues which involve adults, families and children;
- build on OWW’s existing work which involves faith, black minority ethnic and diaspora communities and engage the next generation of activists developing new social media approaches;
- take a new direction in developing partnerships between OWW and other national organisations to:
- encourage all our local supporters to work together to use One World Week as an opportunity to deepen understanding of global issues in order to take approriate action;
- use the OWW website to draw attention throughout the year to partners' campaigns that relate to the OWW theme;
- promote, strengthen, and encourage local OWW events to:
- reach out to new audience;
- increase the effectiveness of OWW as a week for information sharing, learning and action for global justice at a grass roots level.
for more - go to strategy
Call For Climate Action
For the love of each other, this spring, we are standing with over 100 organisations to call for climate action for the sake of all the things that matter most.
For the love of the food on our plates. For the love of our global neighbours. For the Love of Somerset, the Arctic and the Great Barrier Reef. For the love of country walks and Britain's beautiful seasons.
For the love of all the things we care about, we're taking climate change seriously. And we're not alone.
It’s time to stand up, for the love of each other, and demand action.
Will you share what you love? (www.fortheloveof.org.uk)
For the love of video
Recently Added Resources
Quotes about "Living Differently" (and each of the 3 elements of the theme) - use them to start discussions, in press releases, as talking points in any event. (added 14 Oct 2014)
Resource leaflets "Finding out more about ethical investment: website links" (Word .docx) (contributed byPhilip Hayllar, Portsmouth OWW Oct 2014)
Living Differently - Featuring food/a meal in your event? These resources from CAFOD could enhance the menu! (amended Oct. 2014)
'Living Differently -a selection of videos to inform and entertain' (updated Oct. 2014)
wordsearch:'The world we want'. Download and print the search and answers (two word.docs) - suitable for use with the 'Living Differently' theme
2014 Worship resources for the "Using money ethically" element of the "Living Differently" theme (added 13 October 2014)
2014 - A worship resource from CAFOD - Call of Creation - A PowerPoint for reflection (added 25 September 2014)
2014 Worship Anthology for "Living Differently" plus supplementary material (added 21 Sept. 2014)
Press Release Template for publicising your event 2014 (word.doc) (issued 30 Sep.2014)